The NextGen Omics UK Young Investigator Awards are intended to honour an outstanding individual performance for a scientific work by a PhD student or early career scientist (Post Doc)
NextGen Omics UK Young Investigator Awards
The NextGen Omics UK Young Investigator Awards honour the early career scientist with the best presentation at the NextGen Omics Series UK.
Four early career scientists will be honoured with the best poster presentation at the NextGen Omics UK: In-Person in the following categories:
NGS & Clinical Diagnostics
If you are eligible and interested, please submit your abstract submission via our online application form
- Student (PhD) or early career scientist (Post Doc) under 35 years of age. Proof must be provided via an active student ID card or a copy of his/her status.
- Applicants must be the first AND presenting author of the submitted paper and register for the meeting by 15th October 2021.
- ONLY ONE YIA submission per person will be accepted. If authors submit multiple abstracts for consideration for the YIA, only one abstract will be taken into consideration for the YIA.
Applicants must follow the procedure as follows:
- Submit an abstract by 15th October 2021 and indicate the participation in the YIA on the online abstract submission form*
- Register for the annual meeting by 15th October 2021
- Prepare the poster or platform and present it (The poster presenter should be at the poster during all breaks.)
- The 4 winners (for each category) will be announced at the Networking Drinks
- The winner’s 10-minute oral presentations will take place at the event
The platform or poster presentation will be evaluated by senior scientists on the basis of originality of the approach; quality of the work (e.g. appropriate methodology, interpretation of results, conclusiveness); quality of the presentation (e.g. clarity, response to questions); and self-reliance and independence.
All participants will receive the scoring and comments after the annual meeting via email.
The 4 winners will be announced at the Networking Drinks on the 5th November. All applicants will be informed about the outcome after the annual meeting. The award will cover one Annual Meeting registration, £1000 contribution towards travel costs.