The NextGen Omics UK Young Investigator Awards are intended to honour an outstanding individual performance for a scientific work by a PhD student or early career scientist (Post Doc)
NextGen Omics UK Young Investigator Awards
The NextGen Omics UK Young Investigator Awards honour the early career scientist with the best presentation at the NextGen Omics Series UK.
Four early career scientists will be honoured with the best poster presentation at the NextGen Omics Series UK in the following categories:
NGS & Clinical Diagnostics
If you are eligible and interested, please submit your abstract submission via our online application form
- Student (PhD) or early career scientist (Post Doc) under 35 years of age. Proof must be provided via an active student ID card or a copy of his/her status.
- Applicants must be the first AND presenting author of the submitted paper and register for the meeting by 15th October 2020.
- ONLY ONE YIA submission per person will be accepted. If authors submit multiple abstracts for consideration for the YIA, only one abstract will be taken into consideration for the YIA.
Applicants must follow the procedure as follows:
- Submit an abstract by 15th October 2020 and indicate the participation in the YIA on the online abstract submission form*
- Register for the annual meeting by 15th October 2020. Registration fee of £100 (+VAT if applicable) applies.
- Prepare the poster abstract and upload your poster
- The 4 winners (one for each category) will be officially announced on 4th November
- The winner’s oral presentations (pre-recorded) will be featured in on-demand section of the auditorium from 5th November
The platform or poster presentation will be evaluated by senior scientists on the basis of originality of the approach; quality of the work (e.g. appropriate methodology, interpretation of results, conclusiveness); quality of the presentation (e.g. clarity, response to questions); and self-reliance and independence.
All participants will receive comments after the annual meeting via email.
The 4 winners will be announced on the 4th November. The award includes £200 Amazon voucher, £800 contribution towards the charity of your choice and a free admission to the 2021 event.
We will send your Amazon voucher to you via email and will be in touch regarding your charity contribution and free admission to the 2021 event.